I have moved away from providing insurance coverage in my practice due to the significant increase in administrative and paperwork demands that would have required me to increase my staff-- and fees to patients. If you have PPO insurance coverage I am happy to provide you with coded monthly invoices to submit for fee reimbursement. Fortunately, many PPO policies provide reimbursement for out-of-network services (anywhere from 30-90% depending on the policy). Please note that insurance companies can also limit and override clinical decisions and your treatment preferences depending on the terms of your contract.
When considering using your PPO coverage for sessions, please check your insurance coverage carefully by asking your insurance provider the following questions:
- Are mental health insurance benefits included in my insurance policy?
- If I have an 'out of network deductible' 1) how much is it? and 2) has it been met?
- What is the reimbursement rate ($$ amount) per therapy session?
- How many psychotherapy sessions does my health insurance plan cover per year?
- Do I need approval for psychotherapy from my primary care physician?